#25   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-19, 10:18

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbena
Early on when DH and I were still new in our relationship, he went off on a teasing little rant about "You Americans! Always talking about being 1/4 this & 1/16 that & 1/64 the other. Now we Germans, we're just German!" His mother overheard him, and said "You DO realize don't you that my maiden name is Czech?". Oops! He still thinks it a little funny that Americans are so preoccupied with their ancestors, but isn't so vocal about it anymore :-). I haven't had my DNA checked, and doubt that I will, but it does sound like an interesting delve into the past.
The tests are only sort-of accurate if all you're interested in is finding out an ethnicity break-down. It's entertaining, but not really solid science. They are good for getting health markers or for helping discover matches and getting through genealogy brick walls or if you're adopted and trying to find a bio-family. But the testing companies sell a lot of test kits on the premise that the ethnicities results are accurate. I guess they know they'd sell a lot fewer if their market was just people interested in the health stuff and genealogy nerds like me.