#19   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-15, 15:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 139/128/115 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default Pancakes!

Ok I cut and pasted a recipe from here a few weeks ago and now I can't find the post but I want to repost. I made them today and they were FANTASTIC!!!!! I had missed pancakes (eggs are getting old) and this hit the spot. It's not something I'll eat daily but it's a really nice change and to me they're even better than the real thing! Here's the recipe:

2 eggs
2 ounces of cream cheese (look for 0 carb or less than 1 carb option)
1 or 2 teaspoons of Stevia in the Raw (buy the big bag at Walmart)
If you want...some cinnamon

Put in blender - and blend good. I used a hand held emulsion blender - worked great!

Heat griddle and put on Pam or cooking spray (lightly).

Pour in small pancakes until you get the hang of it. Don't turn until they almost look "dry" with bubbles..you have to scoop fast with the spatula because they are thin.

You can melt butter and pour on them if you are really wanting to make yourself "feel the guilt"
Then LIGHTLY drizzle no sugar syrup... get the lowest you can find..mine I think is Hungry Jack No Sugar with 8 carbs per 1/4 cup...but don't use that much..you don't need it.

Eat with lots of sausage and bacon. I skipped this because the pancakes were just so good!

It is a mix between pancakes and french toast in flavor. But the texture is a MUCH NEEDED addition to the diet.

Thanks to whoever originally posted this!