Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlieW
I don't understand IE.
I have been watching a YouTuber who promotes this lifestyle and she seems out of touch with reality.

You and WB hit the nail on the head, pretty much.

I do think there's merit to the idea of eating intuitively within your rules. Just like anything else: how you spend your money or your time. You have restraints - you only have so much disposable income and only so much time, but you can make decisions on the fly based on your moods or what not.

I also think there's merit to the idea, though difficult to prove, that we'll crave certain foods for their nutrients.

Whether trying to lose weight, maintain, or treat a condition unrelated to weight, some people do best on LC eating when their diet is pared down to the core, simple and repetitive. Others need to have choices and variety. I go through both ends of the spectrum, but it's usually the latter. Those choices fall within my rules. Maybe I planned on eating x, but then I'm not in the mood for it and want y instead. That, to me, is true intuitive eating - not "eat whatever garbage you want and then try to white-knuckle your way out of binge eating."