Old Fri, Jun-03-05, 07:22

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 286/207/115 Female 5' 0"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dws1119
As for the uses: Any recipe calling for a baking mix can use this.
I make cobblers, pancakes, waffles, chicken pot pies and YES even dumplings.

Diane,

Thanks so much for the recipe! Just a few questions to make sure I understand correctly... you use this baking mix in ANY recipe that calls for a baking mix? Including recipes calling for the high carb baking mixes? Can it be used to make rolled doughs (like for a pie crust for chicken pot pie or a rolled pasta "like" dumpling for chicken and dumplings) or is it just good for "drop" crusts and dumplings?

My husband loves my chicken pot pie and I would love to make it for him more often but it is difficult for me to resist. If I could roll a crust for myself, I would make it for him more often.

I also love chicken and dumplings and would love to enjoy them again. But I don't like the thick "doughy" dumplings that are so common in southern home cooking... never did, even though that is what I grew up with. My family knew this awesome Chef that worked at the Ramada Inn in Beaumont, Texas and he made the most fabulous chicken and dumplings. He shared his secret... broken up lasagne noodles... cooked until they start falling apart. Fabulous!!!! But I would have to be able to roll the dough and cut it out into a pasta noodle shape to simulate this dish.

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

Phyllis