View Single Post
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-05, 12:44

Plan: was Atkins now PāNu
Stats: 292.5/195/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Sorry, I've been off for a bit !!

The "double son" or "double bran" is by Bon Matin company, it is just one of their types of breads, it is the highest in fibre they make, I believe. It isn't low-carb by design, but if you eat 1/2 slice it is about 7g of carbs net. I believe their low-carb bread that has disappeared was 5g net.

I did pick up the low-calorie one and have been having it for the past week (only 1 slice per day in AM for breakfast) and it works well for me. If I eat the double son kind, I need to cut the slice in half...works out to approximately the same as the low-calorie, but the low-cal is more convenient.

I also saw the dreamfields at the loblaw's in lasalle, it looked either like they were promoting it or liquidating it because it was in the front of the store in a cart. Anyway, I won't be trying that...too dangerous for me.

Instead of pasta I make lasagne with eggplant, or I stuff peppers with ricotta/spinach mix and over with arabiata sauce with a side of chicken cutlet which I "bread" in romano or parmesan and egg. You don't even miss the pasta...