View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-21, 21:01

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Interesting.

A small point of logic. Veggie sources were and are readily available in many woodlands. With plenty of Edible plants. And these are not the cultivated types we eat as normal fare today. Those that eat off the land have a different list than what is at our groceries stores. I bet humans knew what to eat 2 million years ago,just as native aborigines of Australia know today. And if I'm remembering correctly Outzi Man had a meal that contained vegetable matter in the hours before his death. Granted he didn't live 2million yrs ago, but a real window.

Hazelnut trees are wild in my area, and the nuts are a reasonable size for eating. The European varieties that have been domesticated , meaning selected by humans, do have bigger nuts.

Pawpaw grows wild over a large portion of eastern US. Who would pass on a naturally large fruit? And alpine strawberries.....as wild as strawberries get. I would pick tiny berries at the top of a slope while hiking coastal Maine. I'm sure native Americans used these for food. The best tasting strawberry small enough to fit in a thimble.

The list of wild edibles that I am aware of in north America is long.

I'm not saying meat was not significantly important. Just it wasn't there only fare.

I blame big government for it's misguided interference in our food choices, notably in the 70's and 80's thru even today. What a disastrous result. 25%obesity, or is it more, resulting in 500,000 plus Covid deaths because of poor underlying health conditions mostly related to insulin resistance due to high carb diet.