View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-19, 03:55

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%
Default My thyroid needed help. How about yours?

Thanks to the efforts of Ms. Arielle sharing her book on idodine, lately I've been experimenting with raw thyroid. (Hey, it's an organ meat!)

I was familiar with the struggles of people on this board dealing with the simply deluded world of endocrinology when it comes to ANY kind of hormone replacement. My issue was cortisol, my opinion is very low, and a couple decades of observation and personal experience has not budged it for the better.

However, I never had the issues from the thyroid lists, except... fatigue and immune dysfunction. I have been reading the work of Dr Sarah Myhill and this led me to discovering how stress shuts down the thyroid, and it will never show on tests because they read them all wrong.

I love the work of Dr Georgia Ede, and this article, Foods that Cause Hypothyroidism give us a glimpse of how much worse off this situation becomes when we eat the SAD.

Quote:
I suspect that there is actually enough iodine in the environment to go around, and that we actually need less than 150 micrograms per day of iodine. I suspect that there is something about the human diet which interferes with our ability to absorb, utilize, and/or retain iodine, and that this is why we appear to be iodine-deficient compared to other animals. So, what might the possible culprits be?

No surprise since we live in Opposite Land when it comes to nutrition. The standard advice of soy, cruciferous vegetables, and very little meat leads to anti-thyroid activity. Along with every other factor in how the SAD works against us, this might be highly significant.

Quote:
In my experience, most people are unaware of the connection between soy and thyroid problems. If a study like this had been about an ingredient in red meat, you can bet you’d see a giant headline in the New York Times trumpeting that red meat causes thyroid disease, and everyone would be talking about it…

Now add stress. Cortisol overproduction (my problem) can lead to reduced function for the thyroid. This will never show up in labs, so I'm just going to cut to the chase and I'm up to 1 of these raw thyroid tablets per day.

I get a definite lift in energy and BETTER SLEEP. This strategy is a keeper, and I'm being very cautious. But I am proof of concept here.

Thyroid is incredibly important in disease reversal. Even if you don't think you have a thyroid problem.

It seems I have one.
Sponsored Links