View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-18, 00:51

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 206/182/140 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Hello, I'm Bibi from Texas

I had no idea I was diabetic until I went to my doctor in June and was told that I was a Type II diabetic. I had managed to be pre-diabetic by staying away from fats and most certainly sugar 4 years ago that my doctor told me I was pre-diabetic and for me to eat healthier.

I had no idea Whole wheat was my worst enemy as well as corn tortillas too. The only reason I was pre-diabetic for so long with all the wheat and corn I ate, is that I avoided sugar like the plague until I fell in love with Pineapple and Mango smoothies! I had a smoothie two or three times a week and that did me in.

I started monitoring my blood glucose and figured out that carbs were just as bad if not worse than sugar for me. Eye opener for sure. Started reading and found Keto and Atkins diets as being low carb. That brought me here after ordering alternative flours online and found this wonderful forum after looking up some recipes.

I have been losing weight just by changing my beloved tortillas for lower carb alternatives. My aim was not losing weight but controlling my diabetes. It was a very nice surprise when I found out eating low carb melted down the lbs too. I am over weight, but that never did bother me. I now need to lose the weight for my health though. Need to change the way I eat to enjoy my retirement and my grand kids for a long healthy life!

I am currently 53 and I have wrinkles on my face from losing the weight. How can I avoid getting all these wrinkles on my face? That is the only drawback to this weight loss thing.

My blood sugar is back to pre-diabetic numbers! The wrinkles are making me look my 53 years and then some more. Any suggestions on how to avoid this and maybe even reverse the damage caused?
Sponsored Links