#7   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 16:15
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Do you think that splenda causes problems?

Being a sugar junkie, I used to think that artificial sweeteners cause an insulin rise so I finally - after low-carbing for three years - bought a glucometer to check the theory I was dead wrong about it (results are in my Journal). So, what I'm assuming it did was start a process that stimulated seratonin and beta-endorphins. Just like a junkie switching methadone for heroin.

What matters most is not necessarily what you eat, but why you eat it. Supporting the behaviours and beliefs that got you to where you are now will foil any progress. Finding other non-addictive sources of seratoniin and beta-endorphin stimulation works too!

Addiction is a complicated physiological, psychological and spiritual disease. Abstinence is the beginning of recovery, but the other aspects have to be addressed too.

CALP is a solid plan and like any other plan should be followed as written until you're "out of the woods" and are completely comfortable with it as a lifestyle. The Heller's have a lot of sound advice and it's always best to turn back to the source every once in a while for a refresher.

Karen