#83   ^
Old Tue, Oct-26-10, 04:01
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

HI CT89 and Peteranac!

Just checking in again. Glad to hear you seem to have a lot of useful stuff in your arsenal of candida-fighting medicines and teas etc, CT89! It should get easier in time. Grapefruit seed extract is another useful OTC anti-microbial and anti-fungal which might help. I was on it for 6 months and the doc insisted that it was his first choice, at least in my case.

My candida is generally under control under normal circumstances but unfortunately when I have to take an antibiotic or something it can get bad again for awhile and need extra special dieting and medications/GSE etc afterwards, plus tons of probiotics still.

Sorry to hear about the giardia Peteranac. Crumbs. You're having a tough time, but at least you're on top of it. Hopefully it won't be too long before you're feeling good again.

Anyway, as I said, just checking in. Keep up the good work guys! I'm a lot better but it varies quite a bit day-to-day with stress, diet, travel diets if I have to travel (which always throws it since I can't always take brown rice absolutely everywhere I go) and if I'm not careful about spotting any early recurrance symptoms.

Another underlying issue in my case turned out to be pre-diabetes. I'm not diabetic but I had bad insulin resistance and any blood-sugar issues can often be underlying in candida cases, since yeast adore sugar and blood sugar imbalances. I didn't technically test out as diabetic, though, which is scary because that means that non-diabetics with insulin resistance can also present ideal conditions for candida growth.

One more thing to get checked out if anyone out there is having recurring candida issues or stubborn candida issues. Since I've been on Metformin, the candida seems more under control too.

Take care and hope you're all on the mend!