View Single Post
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-10, 17:01

Plan: Vegetarian Candida Diet
Stats: 116/116/116 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Warren D, thank you for the advice!

I am currently on the "Whole Approach" candida diet, which can be done effectively as a vegetarian. I don't consume soy out of concern for its healthfulness, which I'm thinking is probably the allergen you are referring to.

I am definitely serious about this, and I am lucky that I have found a way to do this without going against my true nature. I am a VERY emotionally sensitive person, and chose long ago to not consume the flesh of an animal because I could not live with myself when I did; it hurt too much. This may be one of those situations where there is no way for me to paint the full picture of why vegetarianism is essential to my mental well being. Whether others can or cannot understand why I make the choices I make, it is irrelevant - I have to be true to myself. If it comes to the point where I have to choose between survival and eating an animal, I will cross that bridge if I come to it.

So far, with this Whole Approach diet, the candida seem to be dying in hoards, and adding eggs into my diet as well as a yellow pea based protein powder will satisfy my body's need for any additional low-carb protein. I am, however, setting up an appointment with a nutritionist just to be sure.

Thank you for your concern . I will report back on how things are going.