View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-14, 07:08

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Wow Glendora, I too applaud you. You are absolutely doing great. And I like your attitude about the DH's junk fridge and hope he sees the difference too, that what adults do in private is separate from the family rule for everyone plus kids.

Can you also tell MIL that her mac and cheese made him sick. She will say it wasn't that, but too bad, you're telling her your assessment of the situation.

She sounds like to her, being right and winning the argument is more important than anything else. You, the kid, your family's health. In my experience I have to treat bullies like that, very directly, like a dog that won't hear anything unless you physically whack him with the rolled-up paper, grab his jowls, and stare in the face.

"Ok MIL, because you feed the kids the exact food I specifically said NOT to, you will see them less often. I'm talking about McDonald's twice in one day and mac and cheese after I said that was hurtful. Because it hurts my family after they get home and I won't have it any more. " You don't even have to go into all the ways it hurts the family. (physical tummy ache, cravings, hurts habit making, low self esteem from not being respected) I would call her on not respecting your family's program.

I was thinking more about your DH's idea that people could "just take more walks." Hoo boy. Will DH volunteer to do the family walks after dinner?