View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-14, 23:38

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Thank you so much, everyone.

Unfortunately, MIL discounts literally everything I have told her (or shown her) from Col's neurologist and his neuropsych. She "was an educator" (a guidance counselor, basically) and everything "these doctors" say is wrong because she "is educated." (Doctors aren't?) In fact, she "disagrees with the diagnoses" of autism and intellectual delay. SMH.

She has told my husband and myself, "My goal is to live long enough to prove you wrong."

This has nearly broken her relationship with DH. He resents her horribly, worse than I do.

I gave her a looooooooooooooong list of easy ALMOST INSTANT foods. Even tomato soup. I mean you literally dump it out of a can and add water. Also cheese, nearly any type of cheese. Oranges (yeah, high-carb but at least no gluten). Corn tortillas with cheese (same as just stated about oranges). Bacon. Sausage. Eggs. Burgers.

No dice. Today they had macaroni and cheese for lunch (which I have explicitly asked her not to give him! I mean that food specifically) and she proved that she did a good thing by telling me he "made it himself."

He is crying right now lying around with a stomachache instead of sleeping. At 10:38 at night.

I am going to take the opportunity tomorrow morning to talk with him about his stomachache (he also had one after pizza recently) and gently introduce to him that those foods are what are making him feel sick.

I am about THIS close to sweetly stating to my MIL that if it is a hardship for her to "cook" (if you call any of the above cooking...they are ALL easier than mac & cheese, WTH is it with the mac & cheese every time over there?) for my sons, then she may want to see them less often. Seriously, this close. I wouldn't mind a bit.

I went ahead and threw out all the cereal, all the bread, etc. and I TOLD, not asked, my husband that *I* would be doing the food shopping. I told him straight-out, "Three out of four of us are obese. E isn't far behind." (E is the 8-year-old.) I told him, "WE HAVE TO do something. Period."

He was meek and pouty afterward and tonight he had cookies but from his own fridge (he has a little college fridge in the garage). I am totally fine with my husband eating whatever he wants, if the junk isn't in front of the kids. He's a big boy and I can't make decisions for him, and I sure am not perfect myself and expect to be forgiven for that. But the kids? Different story.

I can't thank you all enough for your answers. I got a lot of insight out of them and I am implementing them immediately!