#15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-21, 04:57

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Dang, people need to get themselves educated...

Again, get educated to sort thru the information. What is good info, what is off target. No one knows everything.....

I agree. And yet, I have to continually "talk myself down" as people -- in person and online -- continue to not understand why people would self-educate, self-experiment, and venture outside of the mainstream of medical thought.

Part of it is how we are all -- at least those within reach of the internet -- are bombarded with spurious money-making schemes of all shapes and sizes. They take a single sand grain of truth and surround it with their MLM push, their specialized take on the thing, their consultant services, their cold-blooded taking advantage of the desperate. Who make the best and most lucrative customers.

I shared here about the many charlatans I encountered as I tried to treat what I was then calling Adrenal Fatigue. (Dr. Lam's Nutritional Coaching Program -- I'm looking at YOU.) And I was so not alone in that. It turns out it wasn't Adrenal Fatigue, but my own investigation of the possibilities, and basically intimidating a snotty endocrinologist, was a turning point in me figuring out what really was going on, how to treat it, and attaining the decent-level (I'm still not thriving) health I enjoy today.

It's like my own criteria, now that I've actually lost 100 pounds: I don't want to even hear about your "diet plan" unless you have also lost, and kept off, happily, a considerable amount of weight.

NOW we're talking expertise!