#34   ^
Old Tue, May-07-19, 09:37

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
Plus the clothes smell fresh without some kind of probably toxic artificial scent and whatever softens the clothes when you put that sheet in. Whatever is left on the clothes will surely absorb through my skin, and it might be one of those carcinogens. The FDA won't tell us because they have been taken over by big corporate business.

Plus I am sure that putting clothes in the dryer just wears them out faster. That lint in the filter comes from somewhere, and the constant tumbling and beating of the fabric must be weakening it. But I guess the sun takes it's toll in a different way.

Softeners - whether in the washer or dryer - coat the material with something that makes it less absorbent. And to me, it feels weird. The sticky whatever also coats the dryer filter. If you don't wash it regularly it makes the dryer less efficient & uses more electricity. Once I found that out I stopped using dryer sheets. I squirt 6-8 squirts of white vinegar from a spray bottle on the clothes in the dryer - it cuts down on static electricity & doesn't leave a smell.

You're right about the dryer eventually destroys clothing - all that lint should be staying on the clothes. Don't know if sunlight damages fabric, but I think it would take a lot more exposure than hanging the wash out to dry. The only problem I have is insects. The other day a yellow jacket looking for a home rode in with the laundry. Need to shake it out when I collect it.