View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 13:24

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Lower fat

The main reason I am watching my fat is just because it makes me sick!! If I can have turkey bacon over pork bacon, or light sour cream, light cream cheese, etc... I physically feel better. I guess that is why I said "modified Atkins" because I cannot tolerate the higher fat, especially saturated fats... As for my workouts, I am usually at many times of the year training, I try to run in a couple of marathons a year. I run for a little over an hour and then I do weight training as well... it sounds excessive, but it really isnt. I have no desire to look like Kate Moss, and never will... I have some extra fat hanging around and my doctor wants me to get down to 120, I would personally like 118, but that is neither here nor there... I would like another 10 pounds to be gone... I have tried the Suzanne Somers plan years ago... I may look into her new plan. I like the Zone, but it really has too many carbs for me to lose on.... I do like most of the concepts of Atkins and it is pretty easy for me to stick with... but if there is a plan that may be healthier, I would prefer that... I love the idea of low carb, but cannot grasp the concept of 70% fat.... ouch. As for the low carb products... I am just doing the muffins to have a nice mix for breakfast, and every so often I have a bit of chocolate.... but that is it. I bought several items to take on vacation, knowing that there would be junk everywhere... most of the products ended up in the garbage. How can they sell that stuff??? LOL! I have been doing lower carbs (well, less than 60g) for a while now and if I had to eat that stuff all the time, well... blech!!! LOL!