View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 07:23
Registered Member

Plan: NHE
Stats: 145/138/120
BF:
Progress: 28%

IMHO, determining your type by answering the questions alone is risky. For the birthday dinner, I would choose a little pasta and as much cake and ice cream as I could stuff in. Obviously, this is wrong for me, but that would be what I WANT, because my tastes are perverted! Another example...on the climate question, my choice isn't given. I don't do well in heat OR cold. Again, I wouldn't feel comfortable simply relying on the questions. If I didn't already have a clue, I'd opt for spending the money on the test, or better yet, finding a practitioner.

I belong to another forum in which many, if not most of the members are anti low-carb. They claim to have had their health damaged by Atkins and similar, and see it as their mission to prevent others from being harmed by this "evil." Who am I to doubt them...and who am I to doubt those who maintain that low-carb has been the answer? Rather, I think BOTH are guilty of making "blanket" statements like, "it didn't work for ME, so that means it is bad for everybody." Sorry, that's just too narrow-minded for me!