#531   ^
Old Tue, Aug-22-23, 07:04

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
8% protein makes that much difference? Interesting. I'll see if my old tracking app still works.

Since the typical American eats somewhere around 12-14% protein, going to 30% is a huge win. Dr Naiman has said in interviews the world's obesity crisis would be solved if everyone ate 30% Protein. But your protein % should be based on where you are now. If you currently eat 30%, and still want to lose more weight, moving up to 40% may help. I now eat more seafood and NF dairy for the micronutrients, so I end up with more lean protein.

That "perfect day" at 59% protein is a crazy high PSMF level, something a body builder may use for show prep, but hard to do that for a week, much less longer. Hard to do without resorting to PP, egg white and chicken breast, too nutrient dense, too satiating, but interesting in theory

Note: The Low Carb Maximise Satiety food list is in my journal. Also note: it is not only the MACROS but the MICROS that provide Satiety, Calcium, Potassium, Selenium, etc. Use this new infographic and you have those nailed as well.

EDIT ADD: Speaking of MicroNutrients, Monica had a laundry list of Medical Issues, including Traumatic Brain Injury. Her recovery and improvement in a few short months is astounding. New Success Story:

From Hopelessness to Health – How Monica Transformed Her Life Beyond the Scale!
https://optimisingnutrition.com/monicas-story/