View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-19, 21:53

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

I just picked up (yesterday) some bloodroot powder from a sort-of local herbal company (an hour away, but a nationally known company). 2 weeks ago I had a teeth cleaning episode where I was told my teeth are essentially fine, but my gums are a mess; lots of bleeding etc. Came to realize that while I have for several years accepted that health and nutrition recommendations from "on high" haven't necessarily been in my best interests, I've never much questioned what the dentist says. I don't use flouride toothpaste on general principles, but otherwise sort of follow "the rules". After the cleaning, and another recommendation to use a particular flouride "good for the gums" toothpaste, I decided instead to go to baking soda, a softer toothbrush, and more frequent but not so aggressive brushing. I've noticed that since doing this (2 weeks) my teeth feel cleaner, more "just come from the hygienist" clean than usual. Yesterday I started putting a pinch of bloodroot powder on the toothbrush along with with the baking soda; we'll see how that goes. I did notice last night when I flossed (the first time since the cleaning, to give the inflammation in my gums a chance to quiet down) that there was no bleeding, and no pain. I am paying more attention now, and looking forward to seeing how this all proceeds.