#7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-20, 12:32

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
you'll have to wait and see what happens. Nothing you rub on, swallow, jiggle, brush, wrap, slap, freeze, heat seems to make any difference. So much money is made selling false hope and negligible results.

Wait a year after you reach your goal weight and see if surgery is for you. Grav here did it and is happy with the result. Quite a bit of down time but worth it for him.

I live with what I have and what I have seems to keep improving over time, or I'm just accepting that I will never be what I was.

As Thud said, I had my tummy tucked in July 2018. If you're interested in all the details of the experience, I wrote about it on and off in my journal from March to about September of that year.

Of course I was much happier with the skin apron than I was with all the weight, and if circumstances weren't able to align, then sure I would have learned to live with it. But for me they did, so I eventually took the plunge and had it done anyway. No regrets for me personally, but obviously these sorts of things are best left to each individual to decide for themselves.

As for non-surgery options, I've read several anecdotes on places like the Diet Doctor Facebook group for example, where some people who do fasting can see better results with natural skin retraction, as autophagy can kick in to the point where the excess skin itself is consumed by the body. Fasting was something I could never do personally as I'd always had issues with appetite, but if you can pull it off, that might be another option to look into?