View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 11:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/180/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Anyone heard of Maca root for thyroid?

Hi,
I've been researching alternatives to synthetic thyroid vitamines, which have a lot of drawbacks. Coconut oil sounds like it's at least worth a try. By the way I discovered a great recipe, not for the oil, but for the milk which has a pretty high oil content and tastes great. I take 1/2 can of coconut milk and stir in some chocolate DaVinci syrup. Heat it in the microwave and you have a delicious rich hot cocoa. Each cup has over 50 grams of coconut oil. I don't know how that translates into tablespoons.

However, back to the topic, I've been reading about Maca root and hypothyroidism. This root is reported to help the whole endocrine system including the thyroid and can rebalance the estrogen dominance that often accompanies hypothyroidism and overweight problems. It has no phytoestrogens, but women are using it to alleviate menopause symptoms with apparently amazing success. The root works on the hypothalmus and pituitary glands to regulate the whole endocrine system, which has a very delicate balancing act to perform. There is no danger of too much hormone or hormone imbalance, because you are not taking a hormone replacement, you are stimulating the body's own natural production of hormones in a natural way. It's safe for men to take too, as it stimulates production of testosterone and has many benefits for them too, which I won't go into because the topic is hypothyroidism. You can check out the rest yourselves. This is one of the more interesting websites for Maca root. Lots of info. Medicine-Plants.com

If anyone has ever tried this, I'd be interested in hearing your experience.

Linda
Sponsored Links