#10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-08, 20:27

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles
Please explain what you do to your sardines, my mind is boggling!
I seem to have that effect on lots of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65
Larry's sardine breakfast is infamous but I'll let him tell you about it.
Well.... I cheated and copied a couple of old posts below that tell about my “infamous” breakfast.

I regularly eat a can of sardines for breakfast. They are 26 gm and I am just barely into the 34 gm range per PPLP. I have a half slice of blue cheese and a slice of American cheese on top of the sardines which I heat so the cheese is just starting to melt. Then I have Half and Half to drink so I think the milk/cheese protein gets me up close to what I need. I add coconut oil, two teaspoons about, and more olive oil to what was already in the can with the sardines. All total there may be a quarter cup of olive oil in the dish.

In a later post, I said that I chop this “mix” up to which Lisa replied
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaz8605
THANK YOU for adding what you did because it was a big A-HA!! moment for me when I read you got boneless, skinless ones AND chopped them up with cheese. So it's like a cheesey sardine casserole. <chuckle> Again, very creative and using ingredients that give you a great nutritional bang for your buck!
I found that sardines are actually dry inside, so the CO and olive oil helps moisten them. Mashing them up into as small a pieces as I can gives more surface for the oil to coat. That helps to get all the oil eaten when you are using a fork, as I do. Then since I am a guy living alone, I lick the plate clean so I don’t miss any of the good fat!

This was in the “High-fatters thread” so thus the emphasis on the fat percentages.
I have most of my fat in the morning. That is about 85 gm of olive oil and 14 gm of coconut oil added to a can of sardines. The can has 22 gm fat (olive oil and that in the fish), 0 carb, and 26 gm protein. To this I add a half slice of blue cheese and a full slice of American cheese. That adds an additional 7 gm fat, 2 gm carb, and 4.5 gm protein. Finally my half and half, about 8 oz, adds 24 gm fat, 8 gm carbs, and 8 gm protein. Let's see if I can add this all up right Grand Total = 136 fat, 10 carb and 38.5 protein for 1418 calories. NO WONDER I am not hungry until dark. I have stopped eating lunch.

For those interested in percentages, that is 86.3% fat, 2.8% carbs and 10.8% protein.

Then here is a more detailed post.

And now I will add the current status.

My sister and her husband came up after Xmas in Florida. He got some Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican shredded cheese in a pouch which was not finished when they left. So one morning I decided that it needed to be eaten up and put in on instead of the American. It was really good! That led my to try some cheddar which was also good. Now having tried the Munster cheese at the neighbors, I may switch from the American Cheese FOOD (??) and switch around for fun and variety.

I have now been using about three table spoons of CO and cut the Olive oil accordingly. Like the CO because of the variety of saturated fats it has. Where olive oil is mostly monounsaturated fat. I seem to be getting slow changes for the better in my toe nail fungus because of the added CO.

The truth is, my “dish” is a lot like Pizza, minus the crust (BAD for you) with EXTRA oil (GOOD for you ) with sardines as the meat. I could see using ground round pre-fried, like sloppy joes, as the meat instead of the sardines. Any meat that is chopped/ground up small would work. The idea is to have a high surface area to coat with oil to help you get the oil level you eat up which then supplies most of your energy needs.