Old Thu, Feb-01-07, 10:10
Currently Fascinated

Plan: M&E/Atkins
Stats: 225/150/125 Female 5'2"
BF:Quite Possibly
Progress: 75%

I'm game. In no particular order:

#1) Being afraid my weight will affect my daughter's social development
#2) Refusing to have a family portrait done because of the way I'd look in it.
#3) Refusing to look at myself in the mirror.
#4) Clothes shopping for functionality rather than pleasure ("Is that shirt long/loose enough to hide my stomach?", "Do those pants stretch?")
#5) Buying only stretch pull-on denim pants (Goes along with #4, I guess)
#6) Avoiding taking my daughter to fairs and amusement parks because I'm terrified I won't be able to fit on the rides.
#7) Hating putting on a swim suit, but doing it anyway so my daughter can swim.
#8) Mother/daughter overnight summer camp.
#9) Having to squeeze into a booth.
#10) Knowing no one will ever love me the way I look now. (boy, that sounds pathetic!)
#11) Hearing my mother talk about needing to lose weight herself, when she's 2 inches taller and 40 pounds lighter. And then hearing all about WW after she's joined.
#12) Hearing my sister talk about how she had to gain weight before she could pass a physical for one of the armed forces. (She's one of those who can eat anything and everything and still lose weight)
#13) Having a doctor tell you you wouldn't be morbidly obese if you didn't eat so much (even after having been handed daily menus showing I really didn't), and telling you to go back to low fat/high carb because it's the only one that works. (Except, it doesn't, at least not for me)

This was a really good exercise in reminding myself why I'm doing this. Apparently, I could go on, and on, and on! I remember being on my first diet (slim fast shakes made with water rather than milk, no less) in 5th grade. I remember thinking (and being told) I was fat at 120 pounds and 5'2" in 7th grade. Ah, memories!