View Single Post
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Apr-27-20, 08:05

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

I started reading the comments to the article quoting Dr. Malhotra that Demi just posted. Sadly, once again the vast majority of posters are blaming the obese for becoming/staying obese.

Fat-shamers choose not to see/care that manufacturers have made sugar-enhanced foods overwhelmingly ubiquitous, super-flavorful, and CHEAP compared with healthy non-sugar enhanced alternatives and that the vast majority of people are now "hooked" on these sugar-enhanced foods by the time they enter kindergarden.

My guess is that many, if not most, fat-shamers are equally hooked on unhealthy foods. They were just genetically gifted with a more robust metabolism so that the ill effects haven't yet caught up with them. Gotta wonder just how many 20 something or 20 something fat-shamers find THEMSELVES losing the battle of the bulge in their 40s or 50s.

P.S. Calianna, I suspect you're right that someone edited Dr. Malhotra's words. I don't recall him ever before saying that excess weight causes metabolic syndrome. He's usually very careful to distinguish between cause/effect relationships and correlations. Since, to the best of my knowledge, no one has designed and carried out any sort of controlled scientific experiment to establish that excess weight CAUSES metabolic syndrome, I rather doubt Dr. Malhotra would have made such a statement.