View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-14, 14:04
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm still floored every now and then when I realize that I was raised eating practically *zero* vegetables. We had potatoes, corn, peas and/or carrots once a week with Sunday dinner, but that was it. My mom would eat cauliflower and broccoli when she was dieting, and although I like them now, I still associate the smell of them cooking with unpleasant diet food.

Ha. Now, I can't even think of a veggie I won't eat. It was a long, slow transition with a lot of experimenting.

My tastes in veggies tend to vary with the seasons. I love salads and raw veggies with dip in summer, and soups and stews in winter.

I like them all enough that I just buy whatever's cheap in the grocery store flyers, and then figure out something to do with it! This week, finally, avocados are on sale again. I was starting to think there was a massive avocado crop failure, with the ridiculously high prices. (Yeah, I know, they're a fruit, but...) Mmmm... I think baked fish topped with guacamole will be on the menu this weekend; as will pumpkin sausage soup.