#8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-11, 19:26

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
Teaser, I wondered about doing that, but I didn't see how it was any different than PP straight from the book. The true difference may be that it's more calorie restricted and he introduces the hormones and supplements.

Yeah, I think that's basically it. Except I think they stress that if the shakes aren't curbing your hunger, you should add more protein. So it's sort of eat less calories, but still eat to satisfy your appetite.

After the chapter on thermodynamics and how it's not as simple as calories in, calorie out, the first two weeks is basically supposed to decrease your appetite. I notice a lot of the recipes at the back of the book called for cuts of meat that were kind of lean, too. Michael Eades has written blog posts where he says that at some point, once you've cut carbs to the bone, if you're not losing weight you should lower calories from fat.

Eades also blogged about somebody writing him that they had failed to lose weight during the first two weeks, and they were using a ridiculous amount of coconut milk--like a can per shake or something like that. I think his position is that higher fat intake won't make you fat, it will just keep you from getting skinnier. I didn't find the message in the six week cure to be as clear as protein power or the protein power lifeplan.