#31   ^
Old Sat, Jun-08-19, 11:47

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
I actually have an air "fryer," and so far it's really great. Maybe it is really a very small convection oven, but my "real" convection oven was never able to get a great char on my pork tenderloin as the air fryer does, and keep it moist in the center. A friend of mine does a whole roaster chicken in it, and she says it comes out juicy and delicious.

I went to a vegan doc for a while (he was an integrative doc, so he helped you to wellness rather than focusing on curing diseases). Anyway, I saw a family picture with 2 kids. They looked emaciated and had dark circles under their eyes. It was so obvious to me, why wasn't it obvious to the doctor?

It might be great, but it isn't frying. Roasting? Baking? But definitely not frying.

As far as the vegan doc, most people believe what they read and what they are told rather than having the awareness and confidence to observe and understand what is happening to them.

There is a lot of 'don't eat meat' propaganda out there, some of it from sources like the WHO and AHA. So deferring to authority many people follow along like sheep. It never occurs to them that those authorities might be wrong, or worse, might have received tacit bribes to voice those positions.

To me it's simple. --- I have the digestive tract of an omnivore. It isn't miles long like a horse, I don't have multiple stomachs like a cow and I don't eat my feces like a rabbit. --- I have the teeth of an omnivore, some tearing some grinding. --- I have the digestive enzymes of an omnivore --- and there are certain nutrients like B12 that are necessary but can only be naturally ingested from meat. --- So why would I go against what my body is telling me and become either a total carnivore or total vegan (and the only REAL vegetarians are vegans - after all, what vegetable did that egg, or piece of cheese grow on).

So to me an "Air Fryer" is as wrong as someone who eats cheese, eggs and/or fish calling themselves a vegetarian.

It's not wrong to be a vegan if that is what you choose. I don't have to agree. You might believe the propaganda, or you might not want to hurt the critters, or you might not like the taste of meat. I'm a picky eater too, I don't eat carbs and avoid onions and very spicy foods.

I'm not saying it's wrong to use an air fryer or eat whatever you want, I'm just saying we have language for communication, and using the language wrong erodes communication.

If that's a minor rant, please excuse and see a little humor in it.

Bob
Sponsored Links