View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 16:35
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Well, I talked to my Mom a little more about their diet. My parents were born in 1919. I was a late baby, I was born when my mom was almost 40. It seems they ate entirely white flour and they used at least 100 lb bag of sugar a year for just her and my father. They grew beets so I guess they got free sugar from whoever milled it. And that was during the war when sugar was scarce. They ate magarine instead of butter because it was much cheaper. My sister told me how she used to enjoy mixing the food coloring into the margarine. Apparently the margarine came with the food coloring not mixed into it. It was white in color and I guess people wanted it to be yellow. They ate lots of meat.

I asked them how their parents ate, I don't think it was substantially different from that.

However, the one thing is, they were far, far more active throughout the day. Rather than us who are sedentary almost all day long (most of us) and maybe have short bursts of activity.

Klodomir! That's a good discussion. Thanks for providing the link.

My thought is Dr. Atkins was either wrong or else he just didn't say it the way he meant it to come out.