View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-18, 07:25

Plan: Atkins DANDR/ Candida
Stats: 300/195.2/172 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 82%

Thanks. I was actually on the ADBB board which was focused on DANDR (the only version of low carb that ever really worked with me) under a different user name. For me, I could never lose following the general rules and limits. I was one of the folks who had to stay clear of all the lc commercial foods and mixes, and even too much of the allowed foods could throw me off. I am guessing it was/is the candida.

One good thing came from the Candida cleanse. I found the value in adding one single food (not food group) at a time and discovered I had some odd triggers that should have been "safe" foods for me. Eggplant and spaghetti squash were among the surprises. I also limit dairy to a bare minimum. I can do butter and cheese in small quantities but the cream, yogurts and other dairy I need to leave alone even in my later stages.

The good thing is that with each round I learn more about my body, making for fewer ups and downs as I eliminate trigger foods. The tough part is that it leaves you with a strict regimen but for me, :abstinence is easier than moderation" anyway