View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-06-20, 19:46

Plan: Dr Ted Naiman + IF
Stats: 320/158/140 Female 5'10" age 56
BF:
Progress: 90%

I should mention - I'm teetering on the edge of pre-diabetes (A1c has been 5.5 to 5.8 last two times pulled), so I got a continuous glucose monitor. It has been telling. There are little ways I have been messing up, like getting my hands on a few of my daughter's gluten free chips when she is sitting there munching until I crack and grab a few. The reaction on the monitor is quite a bit larger than I thought it would be. So I am killing bad habits by watching the monitor. Anyway....

I have been experimenting, and eating as much protein as I can stand (like, packing down 0% greek yogurt along with, or after a meal), and eating leaner proteins - it does not budge the glucose readings. Not at all. I still wake up, take the ketones test (I use strips), and find I am in a light ketosis in the morning, and blood sugar is the same to slightly lower than usual (mid-90s).

I was just curious, so I pushed it.

Before I got the meter, I went to a japanese buffet and ate a lot of seafood (like crab legs, shrimp - things that don't have fat). Later I had ham and mozarella cheese roll ups from Trader Joes (pre-made). The next morning, same thing - ketosis (strips) and blood sugar in the 90s with the finger prick test.

I did this because I want to be certain I am on the right track. As much as I believe Dr. Naiman, I just wanted to be sure after listening to all of that "protein is like chocolate cake" stuff. It just is not true.