View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-05-20, 14:54

Plan: Dr Ted Naiman + IF
Stats: 320/158/140 Female 5'10" age 56
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Dr. Ted Naiman P:E Diet - High Protein/Moderate Carb + IF + Intensive Exercise

Anyone following Dr. Ted Naiman? He finally issued a book last year thePEdiet.com. Before this, he seemed to call his plan Burn Fat Not Sugar, and still runs that website and FB site.

His plan is basically:

--high protein (at least 1 gram per pound of ideal body weight). He recommends high quality protein, like meat, fish, chicken, seafood, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, etc.

--moderate carb (generally 100 grams IF you do his intensive no gym exercises, less if you are sedentary, more if doing a great deal of exercise). Carbs are generally low sugar fruits, lots of greens, and even a small amount of potato or a big bowl of air popcorn. Best eaten in the evening in one shot with a lower fat protein meal. I've noticed a lot of his followers are actually zero carb (he does not recommend zero carb).

--fat as a lever (depending on goals - lower it for fat loss for example). Good fats recommended, but not added fats if trying to lose weight (so if trying to lose weight, you don't add butter or oil to food or coffee)

--IF aka intermittent fasting aka time-restricted feeding windows (he does 16/8 himself but he talks about various plans, does not recommend more than 24 hours of fasting)

--high intensity exercises (no gym required - he uses body weight to "failure" such as squats, pull ups, push ups - all to failure, meaning you basically do them until you can't do one more, then you do another, then another until you really can't do any more, and intensive cardio (such as jump rope, burpees, sprints, bike sprints, jump squats, etc.).

He has a lecture up on his YouTube channel, and some exercise demos there as well. He has been interviewed many, many times on other channels.

I have finally come to the conclusion that higher protein is the most effective method of low-carb dieting for me, and adding the intensive exercise as well as the IF, even if I only do light exercise and follow 16/8 without snacking, pretty much makes it impossible to even gain weight even if I am on vacation and not being perfect, as long as I start with the protein and get it in. It is pretty amazing.

I do love to Fung fast as well. I did some Fung fasting about four years ago when the first book came out, but regained it (I think Fung fasting doesn't stick with LCHF). Last year I did a bunch of Fung fasting with Dr. Naiman's plan, and the weight loss stuck this time. It has been seriously great. I haven't been Fung fasting for several months now.

I've been his patient for about 15 years. He has helped me lose about 107 pounds now over the years. It has been a long road.
Sponsored Links