View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-18, 06:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 186/186/145 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 63 yo today and ready for a new beginning!

Hello to everyone! I recently retired and have decided today was a great day to start a new beginning for myself! I am about 50 pounds overweight and have been heavy most of my adult life. I am your typical yo-yo dieter, lose a few, gain a bunch! Have tried calorie counting, weight watchers, and even once gave Atkins a very, very brief try. At this point in life I am terribly confused by all the "diets" out there. They all seem to contradict each other in one way or another. Weight Watchers has worked for me in the past when I stayed on it but it was sooo slow, always hungry and I always felt they allowed too many pasta and breads. Now I understand with their new program that they are finally recommending low carb choices. So I am going to learn as much as I can on how to change my eating habits to low carb eating. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. My downfall has always been pasta and breads. One thing I have in my favor is my love of vegetables, aka salads. When I tried Adkins before I was disappointed that if I understood correctly during induction you have to limit the veggies you eat. I don't know if I misunderstood that or not but I found very difficult to do and so quit before seeing results. Looking forward to meeting others and learning! Thanks, Mary
Sponsored Links