View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-22, 10:51
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

My old IP bit the dust last weekend, after 7+ years of frequent reliable use (1 - 2 x per week, at least). Bought a new model .. 6 qt Duo-Plus 9-in-1, luckily my local Best Buy had it on the shelf and sale price $80 off .

It's been a bit of a learning curve, as the buttons are different. Love the updated safety features, eg sealing valve has a separate button to open/close .. no more risk of scalds from gushing steam when releasing pressure

On the subject of hard cooked eggs in the shell .. this new model has a dedicated "Egg" cooking button. It's pre-set for 5 minutes cooking time (which can be changed). I was apprehensive at first, but tried it with 6 large eggs, cold from the fridge (not room temperature) and left it at 5 minutes. They came out well; neither rubbery nor runny. Easy to peel

The old IP & lid were sent to a metal and electronics recycling center rather than garbage landfill. I've saved the inner pot .. can always use that!!!.

BTW, one of the 9 programs on the new IP is a sous vide function. Haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to playing with it