#2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-17, 19:16
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi and welcome.

I would recommend against Atkins convenience products until you're in maintenance... if at all. Stick to the basic meal plan of a hunk of meat or eggs + a veggie or two. I would avoid complicated recipes, too, unless you really enjoy that big Sunday cook-up, and/or you have to bring your food with you to work and it has to be ready to go.

I work until 7:00 pm right now, plus Saturdays, so I hear you on not wanting to cook during the week... but I don't do all that much cooking/prep on my off days (Friday and Sunday.) I DO have a solid repertoire of quick foods that I can heat up quickly. Dinner in 5-10 minutes, minimal mess.
- Do you have a George Foreman / clamshell grill? I love mine. I keep meats in the fridge/freezer that I can do on the grill quickly: burger patties, sausage patties, wieners, smoked sausage, single portions of fish and pork in vacuum packs already seasoned/marinated.
- Bags of cole slaw or other salad mix. The bagged cole slaw can be cooked, too - I like it with bacon and a little bit of onion, or cooked with ground beef. Asian-style Crack Slaw is a popular version.
- Mixed frozen veggies. I nuke them in a casserole dish, add butter, and voila. They make a quick stir fry, too.
- The crock pot is great for a nice dinner when you get home, but even on your weekend cookup, you can do some really simple roasts and then have broth to boot. I often pick at a crock pot beef roast or whole chicken all week.

Best of luck.