View Single Post
  #44   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 12:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214/195/145
BF:
Progress: 28%

Wish I could say that some T3 would help...and maybe it will for you, but I've been on both Synthroid and Cytomel (T3) for almost a year now and it has me feeling GREAT...but does nothing for getting my metabolism to move! My endocrinologist says that the most difficult battle for me will be to keep from being discouraged. She says that I could eat the exact same meal every day for a month...and some weeks I might drop a lb...and others I might stay exactly the same. She says that the medication helps relieve the symptoms, but doesn't rev up your metabolism. I'm trying hard to be 100% on Atkins induction...lost 8 lbs. in the first weeks and nothing since (I started this at the end of April). I've just started a journal on this site so I can monitor what I'm eating and get some advice from others who 'visit', but the main thing is that I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and remember than for every week I don't lose, it really means that I've successfully not gained!! Hang in there...we'll do it!!