View Single Post
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Feb-27-16, 07:42

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hello, again! It's been "only" almost 11 years since I last posted in my Gym Log.

In those years, I had a full knee replacement in one knee, and then just last year I shredded my meniscus in the other knee and had surgery to clean it up. Still not back 100%.

Both those events took a toll on my activity level. I'm now 61, and feeling lousy. My weight is WAY up, thanks to menopause primarily (I gained almost 50 pounds in 18 months after my last period), but also to being too lax about things. I did get down to the 160s in 2011 using hcg, which has been the ONLY thing that will get the weight off ... which is why I've decided to do it again (details in my journal).

The plan I'm doing advocates exercise, whereas the original plan by Dr. Simeons said absolutely no exercise. The calories are a bit higher on this plan (550 - 750, the higher end being on days you exercise) and you are allowed more protein, which would definitely support the workouts.

I do yoga usually twice a week (sometimes 3 times), but because of my knees I can't do anything even resembling strenuous. Still, I credit the yoga with getting me as far as I am.

When I had my knee replacement, they said I could expect only 115 to 120 degrees of flexion in that knee. I did a Google search on the replacement unit I had, and it said it supports up to 150 degrees of flexion. I told my surgeon and physical therapists that 150 was my goal. They laughed hysterically. The laugh was on them, though, because due to the yoga, I was able to get to 140+ degrees. They were stunned. So was I, as a matter of fact, but then I put my mind to it and made it happen.

So it's time to make things happen again. I'm feeling way too old in my body, and yet very young in my brain. I want those two feelings to get closer together.

When I started the hcg round in 2011, I was at the same weight I'm at now, except I'm carrying much more fat now, meaning I've lost significant muscle. The only way to get that back is to start working out again.

This is going to be very hard for me, so if anyone feels up to it, I'd really appreciate some support. I find I need accountability, so this is it. I need to make the commitment. TODAY.