#66   ^
Old Wed, Apr-17-19, 12:14

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb712
Well, here I am almost a month later, and I have had great success with Atkins 40! Before starting, I experimented willy-nilly with different foods and carb levels over a couple of weeks and gained five pounds. The payoff was that I was able to determine that 38-42 NC is my range for gradual weight loss and that I start to gain steadily over 55 NC. In the last two weeks, armed with this information, I've already lost back four of the five pounds I'd gained.

So Atkins 40 is a good plan for me. No plastic food products, no big deviation from my normal OWL WOE, but I pay attention to portions and numbers now - minimum as well as maximum - and make sure I get in my eight cups of water a day. The water alone has made a world of difference in how I feel and function. The mild PITA of counting, measuring, and tracking is well worth its rewards!

Atkins 40 still does very much remind me of Weight Watchers, but the only difference is on this plan you get full!

I know this is an older post, but wondering how things are going for you? I'm brand new to experimenting with a lower carb woe and starting yesterday I just cut my carb intake in half, to 100g net carbs a day, to get me started. I'm interested in following something with a bit of structure though, and poking around the Atkins site I saw the 40 plan and it seems like it would be a good fit for me-actually since I have less than 10lbs to lose, I would add some carbs, so more of an Atkins 50 I guess

I already eat a mostly whole foods style of eating so it would never occur to me to buy the Atkins packaged food stuffs, so that wouldn't be an issue. I need to get my hands on some of the Atkins books and compare the older plan most seem be be following here vs the newer 40/100 plans!