#63   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-18, 08:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb712
I've decided I'd like to lose another 10-20 lb and am going to use the Atkins 40 plan to do it but not with Atkins products, with real food. I miss my bananas, black beans, potato, etc. Traditional "ladder climbing" isn't working for me; I keep falling off! I'm going to start out with their guideline of 10-10-10 and two snacks and work my way up to 20-20-20 or 30-30-30 as I can tolerate it to maintain. Atkins' online food tracker makes it simple (I'm not a fan of tracking but theirs is good). Over time I'll memorize the portion sizes and be able to track in my head.

I'll let you know how it goes. Wish me luck.

Well, here I am almost a month later, and I have had great success with Atkins 40! Before starting, I experimented willy-nilly with different foods and carb levels over a couple of weeks and gained five pounds. The payoff was that I was able to determine that 38-42 NC is my range for gradual weight loss and that I start to gain steadily over 55 NC. In the last two weeks, armed with this information, I've already lost back four of the five pounds I'd gained.

So Atkins 40 is a good plan for me. No plastic food products, no big deviation from my normal OWL WOE, but I pay attention to portions and numbers now - minimum as well as maximum - and make sure I get in my eight cups of water a day. The water alone has made a world of difference in how I feel and function. The mild PITA of counting, measuring, and tracking is well worth its rewards!

Atkins 40 still does very much remind me of Weight Watchers, but the only difference is on this plan you get full!