View Single Post
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 16:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/000/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 243%

I tried a modification of the recipe posted, but again modified it myself because of the postings.

1/2 c. almond flour
1/2 c. flax
1/2 c. banana DaVinci syrup
3/4 c. protein powder plain
1/4 c. walnuts
2 eggs
1/4 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. melted butter

mixed the dry ingredients. mixed the wet ingredients. combined the two and
baked 350' for 15 minutes. This mixture filled twelve muffin cups.

The recipe raised nicely. It was not sweet enough for my taste. I did put some splenda on a little cream cheese and put this on the muffin and it was just enough sweetness to make it good. Next time I make this I will increase the sweetner. I had increased the protein powder because of the cream and butter I added back to the recipe. I added these back because some complained the muffins were too dry. Then my batter looked too wet so I added the additional protein powder. Since my protein powder was not sweetened I think thi s made the difference in sweetness. This is the first time I have baked anything low carb. I had bought the almond flour and protein powder months ago and was never motivated to try anything until this line of posts. This is the first time I have had anything like a muffin in two years. I can see playing with the basic recipe really has great potential. Since I got 12 muffins from this batch just a crude eyeball to my ingredients I know this is well under 2 carbs per muffin. (flax was 6, almond meal was 6, eggs 2, protein powder 1.5, walnuts 2)