#13   ^
Old Sun, Oct-15-23, 07:08

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
This is often the problem, recommendations that are too extreme for us “seniors” or us relative beginners. And I wonder, is that much focus on exercise really necessary? I am not asking if exercise is necessary but rather do we really have to be planning our whole day around it? And then there is her recommendation to take Mitopure which, at best, if you subscribe to automatic shipments every 2 months, cost $100 a month.

It makes me wonder what her target demographic is, not just by age but in terms of finances.

Having giant datapools of people to target has created micro-customer bases. So it's entirely possible she's aiming at people with lots of disposable income. They are used to taking dramatic steps; in fact, they prefer it.

Or perhaps it's the media who are pressing the flashy parts, from a press release who wants them to. I hope the book covers all levels of ability, and that means financial, too. I appreciate my favorite authors who offer an array of alternatives.

We are people who are just barely able to keep it together, as DH and I heal from having stress related illnesses during a time of great stress I usually go up and down three flights of stairs at least once a day, and my writing studio doesn't have a desk, but a mattress on the floor.

I get more energy from my writing sessions because I'm not holding myself upright at a desk for long periods. Getting down to, and up from, almost-the-floor is one of my daily strategies to build movement into my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
I don’t disagree with her basic premise, protein and strength training but I wish it were more focused on the common woman.

I thought I lost weight to help my joints. Now I have to buy removable fat? That sounds... weird.