View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-09-20, 13:47

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Well we are all different. I'm 68 and have been on this current journey for 14 years now (and did LC before that some 20+ years ago but fell off the wagon. Porridge. butternut squash, carrots and parsnips are all WAY too carby for me. Well I do keep baby carrots around for the grandkids and occasionally will sliver one or two into my veggies. But in general I wouldn't dare eat any of those things.

But it doesn't mean that it can't work for you. But I'd say most of the hardcore long timers here have found over time that they need to cut their carbs lower.

What symptoms do you get when you eat more fat? Many people without gallbladders do well on LCHF but may need an adjustment period. But if you want to try low carb you will have to consider trying to eat more fat eventually. Your food can only be carb, protein or fat and if you cut the carbs only protein and fat are left. People like Dr. Ted Naiman feel we need to eat more protein and less fat but that doesn't mean no fat. You still need a fair amount.

His philosophy is that the grams of protein and fat should be about equal, so that if you need 100g of protein daily you should not have more than 100g of fat.

I can't quite get to those macros yet! Fat does such a good job at keeping me satiated. But then again, I still have my gallbladder.