View Single Post
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-19, 17:55

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Haven’t really updated in awhile. Caught a nasty bug that lets up a bit but doesn’t really let go. The weather has been bad these past 2 months - either snowing or frigid. The rink even closed one day. That has never happened in the nearly 30 years I’ve lived in Minnesota. I have only been getting in 4-5 days of exercise instead of my normal 6.

One day I had to dig out the driveway after 5-6 inches. I put on the belt and got a good 150 MEPs in 80 mins. Heart rate didn’t get too high, but I was feeling it the next day. The banks are getting higher so I really have to fling it up now.

I always think of my next door neighbor Dale on such days. He was 6’5” and 400+. He couldn’t get the snow blower started and collapsed shoveling the driveway. We found out a few days later he had died. I was out there when it happened. Terrible.

I like to get about 200 MEPs in at the gym. That usually takes me between 1 hr - 1 hr 30. Today I did 1 hr 15 for 233 MEPs. Dan gave me a more strength intensive workout than normal and added a 500M row at the end.

3 sets of 10 reps each
Hex Bar Deadlifts (95#)
Incline Dumbell press (15#)
Seated Row Machine (55#)
Sumo DB DL (55#)
Lat pull downs (60#)
DB Shoulder press (8#)
Goblet Squat (35#)
Triceps Rope pull (40#)
Plank (60 secs)

After the 500M row, I did some cardio.

Stair Climber sequence:
1 min medium speed
1 min slow with leg lifts
1 min side step
1 min other side step
30 sec high speed

X2 = 9.5 mins & 400 steps

Then onto what I call cardio climbs (for hiking) on the treadmill
2 mins backwards raised to level 3
1 min side step raised to level 2
1 min other side step raised to level 2
Level 5 at 3.0 then reducing level by 1 each minute while increasing speed by 0.1 at same time. Until I get down to zero incline and 3.5.

I like it as it get as the heart rate up without running. It simulates an upward waterfall hike. Next step will be to get my backpack on and start putting stuff in it. I would really like to visit more National Parks and do more hiking. I’ve got my eye on a road trip that would take in all 3 of the NPs in Washington state. Due to the new job, that is going to have to wait until summer 2020. Hopefully I can get up to Voyageurs or back to Isle Royale this fall.

Who would have know that going through the Narrows in Zion NP only 1.5 years ago would spark a new love of hiking in me? https://youtu.be/EwZQQ52fOOs That is why I work so hard in the gym. To be able to see things at 50+ that are not so easy to get to.