Old Mon, Oct-30-17, 08:26
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
Open to residents of British Columbia only .. lower mainland and Victoria.
Curious to know what they consider to be "low carbohydrate". Some consider 150g carbs per day to be LC ... which would provide 60% of the allowed 1000 kcals .

With parameters like that they clearly don't understand how this WOE works. If you get the carbs and the fat right, the desire to eat less is automatic for most people. And even if the 'eating less' does not automatically happen, the lower consumption of carbs (assuming they are doing a REAL LC diet) would result in progress with the diabetes. When I first started out I was very sensitive to carbs. Even eating < 40 net carbs a day I could still get high BG spikes and cravings from wild swings in BG. Forcing a 1000 calorie restriction to the mix right off the bat would make the plan more difficult to stick to. They seem to be blending the bias of what they THINK is healthy based on old ways of thinking. This bias might be the undoing of this study. The results might be that Yes - low carb improves diabetes symptoms, but nobody can stick to it.