Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 18:12
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Default Hi Anshim

Hope I can help a bit -

I'm taking Wellbutrin - I take it for depression/bi-polar but I did quit smoking with it because one side effect is the "bad taste in the mouth" and the fact that it has some of the same effects as nicotene on the brain. ( I know that sounds stupid - but I'm in too much of a rush to worry about punctuation correctness etc.)

I don't think I could have quit smoking without the wellbutrin - it just happened that I was smoking less and less and when I started putting a concious effort in to it and was down to 4 a day and then 1 - I realized it was stupid and I might as well discontinue the 1. So I quit - I then gained 20lbs but partly that was due to the fact I quit at the end of December and the Christmas treats were still around - I had given myself a license to eat for 2 weeks and I guess I was a real hog because who would've thought you could gain 20 in 2 weeks - of course you must take into consideration that I am 48 years old (so everything slow's down) and I live where the winters make it so that I can't get any outdoor activity in whereas in the other seasons I am extremely active outdoors. It was just a BAD combination.

I know that anti-depressants are listed as some of the drugs that can interfere with atkins - however wellbutrin acts differently than anti-depressants like zoloft and prozac - it has a different action on the seratonin ( I never bothered to file the reason in my own peculiar brain so I can't clinically explain it to you - sory) but I know it is different - this is the reason I take it the other drugs all had really bad side effects on me.

presently I am taking 1 purple pill a day - I know that the dose for quitting smoking is 2 purple a day - but 12 hours apart- this is very important because taking 2 at once could cause a seizure if you are at all suceptible to them.

As to weight gain when stopping wellbutrin - clinical studies showed about even results as to whether people gained or lost when taking it - some find it an appetite suppressant others don't. The bad taste in the mouth and a lessened urge to smoke or drink alcohol are the only effects it has on me. Not that I was a drunken fool before - I'm just as silly as one on my happy days

Hope this helps out - if you have anything in particular you would like to ask me leave a note in my journal or message me. Good Luck