Old Thu, Jan-21-10, 06:15
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom873
Annajen, what dosage of grapefruit seed extract do you take?

Hi Tom . . . Sorry for the late reply. Just got back and then snow and then kids home and . . . you can't imagine!

Anyway, Citricidal (the brand name) says 4 drops to start and that was good advice because I then had bad die off just with that. Then it says you can work up to 20 drops.

MAKE SURE YOU DILUTE IT IN A GLASS OF WATER!!!! Never take it undiluted.

My practitioner said I should be on 20 drops per glass two times per day (I asked him if he was sure because the bottle says only up to 12). He said he was sure.

I would make sure you check with your own doctor first, but the die-off was strong when I increased the dose, so make sure you start for several days on the lowest dose before increasing.

As for your face rash/itchiness question, yes, rashes are part of the die-off according to my book. I had little red bumps appear and then fade, sometimes individually rather than a proper rash. My skin was itchy then too. The good news is, I saw the practitioner yesterday and he says mine is "under control" now from his tests (and I could tell this from my energy levels and general symptoms) but I will still have to stay on the diet and treatment awhile longer.

BTW, if you buy anything online, make sure it says "Citricidal" on it, since that is the most common and best known brand. It is not an oil, it is a concentrated liquid. It really works, but buy it from a reputable online supplier if you decide to do that. Also, if you find a practitioner in your area, they will either supply you with treatment medicines or else know where you can get them.

Anyway, does that help?