#6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-17-09, 12:10
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

HI Tom

Yeah sorry . . . I should have specified. Grapefruit Seed Extract = GSE. It's antimicrobial and antifungal. Very powerful stuff, which some say is the equivalent of Nystatin (although, again, I don't know personally because I haven't been on nystatin, although I have had a very powerful reaction to GSE).

Good idea to see a gastro after the hols, and see how you go. If your problems are mainly stomach and esophagal rather than systemic, you might be more easily diagnosed like KT12 was with an endoscopy.

Glad you like the roasted pumpkin seeds, although be a little careful with walnuts specifically, only because they tend to have a high mold content. Eat them in moderation or avoid them and substitute with almonds, pecans, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and brazil nuts.

Most of these things you can get used to and you'll find some you even like as much as some of the "off-diet" foods you enjoyed previously.

One of my favourites is sweet potatos sliced up with medium chillis in red and green (very festive for Xmas) and covered in olive oil and baked. Also it's very anti-candida because of the chillis. You can also make it with butternut squash.

Anyway, hang in there and keep us posted on how it all goes!