View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-15-09, 14:35
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

In my case, the die-off occurred about 3 days after starting GSE and it was pretty severe even on the minimum dose of only 4 drops of GSE per glass of water taken twice a day.

I was exhausted and felt like something was seriously wrong with my muscles and they were not getting enough oxygen. I also had headaches and after a few weeks, my sinuses all drained for about 2 weeks and I was literally choking on all the mucus from that.

Having said that, I was pretty sure by that point I did have candida and the die-off thing confirmed it, which is why I went to seek a qualified doctor's opinion at that point.

IN my case, the die-off was more likely due to the GSE since I began the actual diet the week before and had only very mild symptoms of switching to low carb. The real serious symptoms occurred after the GSE. My doctor later incraesed the dose to 20 drops per glass of water, and when he did that, again, major symptoms of die off, mainly with muscles and nerves affected.

I think the thing is, the candida diet won't hurt you, Tom, and may be beneficial in any case. However, I think getting an accurate diagnosis would be really good since, as KT12 said, it's hard to know for sure if you even have candida or maybe another similar or related problem. What I mean is, you don't want to try treating candida if you have something else instead, and you wouldn't want to start antifungals unless you had a pretty good idea of what it was you were treating.