#415   ^
Old Fri, May-06-22, 05:11

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
Marty Kendall has charts showing that people do well on protein+carbs or protein+fat, but not on carbs+fat. I tend to agree since I tried "The Zone" (40%C:30%P:30%F) and found it and other "moderation" types of low-cal diets drove me batty with constant hunger and cravings.

This was how calorie counting tried to kill me. It encourages a Noom approach that emphasizes carbs because such foods can be lower in calories, but have metabolic-derangement effects. If they'd tried, they could not have found a better way to derange mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
It may work with some peoples' metabolisms, but not mine and neither does protein+carbs because I have to eliminate lectins (grains, legumes & nightshade vegetables) to avoid autoimmune problems, which surged when I tried starving & obsessing on Pritikin (65%C:25%P:10%F) in the early 1990s and McDougall in the mid-1990s.

A while back we had a discussion of the Rice Diet, which is essentially carbs only, and how it worked for 1/3 of the people. 1/3 it did nothing. 1/3 it was horrible!

That last group would be me. I likewise have to avoid lectins, which restricts me to pickled vegetables and botanical fruits.