View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-19, 11:43

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Agree with everything said about only children of the wealthy getting to participate in many cost-heavy sport/fitness opportunities. Other challenges for youth include weather (bad here much of the year), disease-bearing mosquitoes vs. dosing with toxic repellant sprays when outdoors, low amount of school PE, lack of time (remember the teachers who act like theirs is your kid's only homework class?), safety (traffic, neighborhood bullies, neighbor child nearly abducted--and in a fairly decent neighorhood) and so forth. All legitimate concerns that have to be fielded through somehow. Gone are the days of just send the child out into the neighborhood to play. My parents might have kept me home if they'd known more about some neighbors even back in the day. My latest plan, bought a trampoline park membership for my teen and me. Kids from school the same age working there so a bit awkward sometimes but we get in some workouts climbing things and bouncing, quality time together. I couldn't afford that if I still had more than one kid at home though. One child plus parent add-on is as cheap as a local gym. But concerning pre-diabetes (I've been diagnosed with), DIET (low carb) is the big necessity. Education on that needs to somehow get out there.