View Single Post
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Sep-01-20, 15:41

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

The food is not the focus of the Fasting Program. For me the food is mainly increasing carbs from vegetables, lots more vegetables, but I am not tracking foods at all. Eating protein first, add more veggies, no junk, no alcohol. No dairy is something I decided to do after watching BG after food the first week.

Rather, I am using a glucose meter to determine when to eat... Can I compress an eating window? Skip a meal? Without stressing about a 36-42 hour fast. Eat only when really hungry...indicated by BG under a personalized trigger level.

Quote:
While most people focus on how much their blood sugar rises AFTER meals, Data-Driven Fasting uses your blood sugar BEFORE you eat to help you decide if you need to refuel.
Waiting until your blood sugar returns to baseline ensures you are not over-fueling. But, waiting a little longer until your blood sugar has dropped *below *your personalised blood glucose trigger point ensures your intermittent fasting routine is achieving a negative energy balance. By doing this, you ensure you get all the associated benefits, like insulin sensitivity, improved blood sugars, weight loss, fat loss, autophagy, etc. over the long term.
**One of the underappreciated secrets of fat loss is that you need to deplete the glucose in your bloodstream before your body can access your body fat.
If your blood sugars are elevated, you’re not going to be burning as much of the fat from your last meal (let alone that unwanted fat on your bum and belly).
Some people talk about eating more fat to become “fat adapted” so you can be “in ketosis” and burn more fat. But the truth is, if you want to burn the fat on your body (rather than that fat bomb or second buttered coffee), you need to find a way to deplete the glucose in your bloodstream first!
from Mary Kendall"s DDF manual.

Jean knows all about the foods and micronutrients